A standards-based Access Management SDK for LDAPv3 compliant systems.
How do I start using Apache Fortress?
1. ApacheDS & Fortress QuickstartBuild Fortress Core, Web and Rest components from source and configure for usage with Apache Directory Server.
1. OpenLDAP & Fortress QuickstartBuild Fortress Core, Web and Rest components from source and configure for usage with OpenLDAP Directory Server.
3. README for Apache Fortress CoreContains general instructions to download, install, test, and manage an LDAP server with Fortress Core.
What can I do with Fortress Core APIs?Perform authentication, authorization, administration, audit and password policies. The most important package is org.apache.directory.fortress.core which contains the public APIs.
Fortress Manager APIs
- AccessMgr - This class performs runtime access control operations on objects that are provisioned RBAC entities that reside in LDAP directory.
- AdminMgr - This class performs administrative functions to provision Fortress RBAC entities into the LDAP directory.
- AuditMgr - This interface prescribes methods used to search OpenLDAP's slapd access log.
- DelAccessMgr - This interface prescribes the API for performing runtime delegated access control operations on objects that are provisioned Fortress ARBAC02 entities that reside in LDAP directory.
- DelAdminMgr - This class prescribes the ARBAC02 DelegatedAdminMgr interface for performing policy administration of Fortress ARBAC entities that reside in LDAP directory.
- DelReviewMgr - This class prescribes the ARBAC02 DelegatedReviewMgr interface for performing policy interrogation of provisioned Fortress ARBAC02 entities that reside in LDAP directory.
- PwPolicyMgr - This class adheres to IETF PW policy draft and is used to perform administrative and review functions on the PWPOLICIES and USERS data sets within Fortress.
- ReviewMgr - This interface prescribes the administrative review functions on already provisioned Fortress RBAC entities that reside in LDAP directory.
Error HandlingThese APIs throw checked exceptions defined in SecurityException
What technologies are used?
This software runs on any platform that supports Java technology and LDAPv3 protocols but is tested with ApacheDS and OpenLDAP.
What are the conditions of use?
This software is released under Apache License, Version 2.0.
This package contains public APIs that are used by Java programs to provide Access Management functionality.
This package use Apache Ant to provide utility to provision fortress entities and policies using XML files.
Click here for Reference Manual which shows how the Command Line Interpreter drives the Fortress APIs from a command prompt.
This package contains the fortress implementation classes for data persistence with the LDAP server.
This package uses Apache Directory LDAP API™ to provide ldap data access.
The data entities in this package comprise the fortress data model.
This package uses Commons HTTP to provide HTTP functionality that is reused across several components in this package.
This package contains miscellaneous utilities used by internal fortress procedures.
This package contains a caching facade used by internal Fortress functions.
This package contains utilities used to process fortress temporal constraint checks on entities being activated within the runtime system.