Apache OpenMeetings - Features and overview
Openmeetings provides video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools. It uses API functions of Media Server for Remoting and Streaming Kurento.
OpenMeetings is a project of The Apache Software Foundation, the old project website at GoogleCode will receive no updates anymore. The website at Apache is the only place that receives updates.
Stability and UI:
- Multiple WB fixes
- Confirm popups are unified
- Multiple fixes for latest Safari
- Libraries are updated with most recent versions
Other fixes and improvements
26 issues are fixed please check
CHANGELOG and Detailed list See Downloads page. (2022-05-17)
Other Apache Events
Audio and Video Conferencing
Meeting recording and Screen sharing
- Recorded sessions contain everything including sound recorded from all audio streams in exactly the way you've seen it in the conference.
- Recorded sessions can be downloaded as MP4 files.
- Possibility to select the desktop or one of your windows for sharing.
- Different quality steps for Screensharing.
- Watch and organize recordings in an integrated Drag and Drop File-Explorer
Private and Public Drive in File-Explorer. The File-Explorer has two different views, one is the Private Drive and the other the Public Drive. The Private Drive always contains the same files. Those files are visible only to the user currently loggedin. The Public Drive is not bound to the user, but to the conference room instead. All users in the conference room have access to the Public Drive.
- Allow/Deny moderation
- Allow/Deny right to draw on white board
- Add/Remove presenter role
- Allow/Deny screen-sharing/record screen
- Allow/Deny Remote Control Screen
- Allow/Deny right for 'Mute others'
- Let one user to speak while others are muted
- Allow/Deny Video
- Allow/Deny Audio
Multi-Whiteboard and Chat
Save white boards. You can save each whiteboard instance as a file. The file is located in the File-Explorer and can be drag n' drop'ed to the white board again and organized like any other document, image or folder.
White board with drawing, writing, Drag n' Drop, Resizing, Images (Drag n' Drop from File-Explorer), Symbol(s)/Cliparts.
Full-fit does rescale the document on the screen to be 100% visible on all screens no matter what kind of screen resolution different users have.
You can import from a wide range of document formats (PDF, DOC, ODT, PPT, et cetera...)
User and room management
MyRooms section. Each user has by default 2 personal rooms that are always accessible exclusively for that user. There are buttons to enter those rooms from the Dashboard.
You can assign conference room to all users, or you can assign them only to specific user-groups.
Private message center
User contacts, you can search users and add them to your contacts. You can even give them the right to see your calendar.